Friday, July 07, 2006

Ribbit go the socks

No such luck in the knitting realm lately. Last week the tank bit the dust. This week it was the Pomatomus. While the socks were working beautifully and they were gorgeous. On the needles. On my ankles, not so much. Having cankles is a terrible burden for an avid sock knitter. So, I am thinking that I might just try a toe up version of the new RPM socks from Knitty. I have no more patience with swatching socks this week. I also need something simple for an upcoming business trip. I am thinking that the flight will be a decent opportunity to work on my shawl, but for the long drives with co-workers, I need something that I don't really have to think much about. Besides, it will give me the chance to work on my short-row heels. I am also quite tempted by Wendy's new pattern Sizzle. I will make the v-neck not quite so plunging, not having the assests to flaunt. But I like the overal look and shape of the pattern. That and it happpens to match the gauge I am getting in the purple cotton fleece. I realize that this pretty much guarantees that my gauge will change once I start knitting. I am convinced that I am jinxed lately. Most of the projects that I have started have ended up in the frog pond. Here's hoping that this turns around because I have have so many things lined up. I am still tossing around an idea for a felted bag. I have most of the details worked out, but I don't want to jinx it by starting it now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried looking up remedies for jinxed knitters in my Vogue ultimate knitting guide, but it seems to be utterly lacking in effective solutions. Maybe splurging on some cashmere or silk will make the other yarn jealous and more obedient ;-)

BTW, I really love Wendy's new pattern too...I have a camisole that doesn't really work with any of my other tops, so Sizzle might be in the bag pretty soon. Hope the rotten knitting luck clears up soon. :-)

7/08/2006 05:36:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate to frog! Don't let it get you down. : )

7/11/2006 07:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home