Monday, September 04, 2006

Blogger is buggy today

I have been trying to post most of the day today. I get so frustrated when things that you expect to work don't. I finished another felted hat today. It came out pretty well. If I were to do it again, I would add the contrasting color to the outermost rim of the hat and make the stripe a bit wider. The crown of the hat is 40 rows before the decreases. I made the stripe 7 rows tall. I think I might make it 8 or 9 rows next time. The colors on the darker picture are more accurate. Naturally, the red doesn't photograph worth crap.

Eric has started a new rotation and while overall the hours sound like they will be better (pre-rounding at 7 versus 5:30 am), the call days are definitely worse. Today he is in the pediatric ER until 10 p.m. Blech. I have not worked much on the shawl in a futile, desperate, pathetic attempt to get a few more pieces done for the craft show. I am realizing that it is much closer than it should be. Mostly I will be doing hats. I love the felted ones and they are great stashbusters for me. This one was done from the same wool as Eric's hat and the red left over from a Christmas stocking. Hopefully this will off set the guilt of several recent online purchases. Destash is quickly becoming my worst nightmare, or at least my bank account's. On Saturday, I made my first purchase from Knitpicks. Yes, I realize that I am the last knitter alive to do so. I decided to try my hand at kool-aide dyeing again. The last one was so successful and I always need inexpensive wool for the felted hats. I also needed a needle and even with several balls of wool, the cost of the entire order with shipping was under 20 bucks. A decent needle would have cost at least $15 at my lys. Here's hoping it is a decent buy. Have a happy and safe Labor Day to all of those here in the U.S. We are really going all out by having Caleb's best friend over for the afternoon. (Yes, this is a bald faced attempt to keep him occupied while Eric is gone all day, thank you very much.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your master plan to occupy Caleb works out. The hats look great--the contrasting stripe really adds a lot to the design.

9/04/2006 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

What craft show are you selling at? Maybe I'll have to stop by and create a "buzz" around your booth!

9/05/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hats - the shaping is spot on and I like the colors.

9/06/2006 06:39:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

The hat looks great!

Blogger has been a real pain lately, I think there are more and more users and it can't keep up.

9/06/2006 06:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that hat!

Did you have a good labor day?

9/08/2006 01:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home